Sunday, February 18, 2007

Valentines Day @ TGIF Subang Parade

Entry: 60
14th February 2007

Dear Diary,

Darling gave me another memorable Valentines this year :) This is our second valentine celebration together and although last year's valentines day would be forever cherished in our hearts, this year's one is not to be forgetten either.


This year's Valentines day started off with me giving darling my valentine gift first. I got him this little cute doggy and the Nike jersey he had been wanting to buy ever since he first laid eyes on it :p and not to forget my card of course. Hehe... Darling gave me the biggest smile when he saw the jersey I got for him. Glad you liked my prezie dear.


Despite me telling him that it wasnt necessary to get me flowers, darling insisted and got me this beautiful rose which was totally sweet of him.


Thank you so much dear. I love it very much.



That night, darling brought me for our valentines dinner at TGI Fridays in Subang Parade. There were a lot of people at TGI's main entrance. Luckily darling had already made a reservation earlier but we still had to wait for our tables to be ready.

TGI's only served Valentine Packages that night. There werent any ala carte items on the menu. The 2 packages available were priced at RM69 and RM79.




For drinks, I had their Chocolate Chip Milkshake (RM9.90) which was absolutely heavenly and creamy. It tasted like vanilla ice-cream blended with chocolate chips. Darling had their bottomless Coke (RM6.90).



We were entitled to two appetizers in which we had a choice between Fried Calamari and Chicken Nachos. We ordered both appetizers. Their Fried Calamari was very crunchy and springy. Darling liked the tomato based dipping sauce that came with it.




Our next appetizer was Chicken Nachos. This appetizer was only mediocrely good as I think Chilis serves better cheesy nachos.



For our main course, I had their Jack Daniels Chicken which I've always wanted to try after hearing so many good compliments on it. The broccoli and mashed potatoes which came along was definitely good but I was quite disappointed with the chicken they served me as it was hard and dry. A little overcooked I guess?? Anyway, I only managed to eat one piece and darling helped me finish the other piece. I also find the Jack Daniels sauce a tad too sweet for my liking.



Darling had their Grilled Salmon for his main course. Look at the slab of butter that comes with the salmon. Yummy... :) I, however, find the salmon to be too oily and fishy :p Maybe Im just not used to eating fishy salmon. Darling said it was only okay and rated it 7.5/10.



For desserts, we again had two choices which is New York Cheesecake and Mocha Mud Pie. Again, we chosed both. Haha... Hmm, the New York Cheesecake's serving size was definitely slashed to half because I remembered it being a bigger portion the last time I dined here with my friend. Honestly speaking, I think these Valentine Packages are somewhat similar to TGI's value lunch sets which are only priced at RM39.90. Erm, were we paying for name of Valentine's day itself?

This Mocha Mud Pie won our Star-Of-The-Day award. I've tried their Chocolate Mud Pie before which was very very very good, but I've never heard of a Mocha Mud Pie which tasted even better! It is a combination of a very moist chocolate cake with coffee ice-cream and rich mocha sauce. I dont know where desserts as good as this come from. All I know is that I want more!! Haha... :p Our bill came up to a total of RM189.00. Thank you darling for the wonderful dinner.


Well, I thought that was the end of the evening. But look what I found awaiting in my bedroom closet when I got back home...

This was darling's surprise valentines gift for me. It totally melted my heart to bits!! How deviliciously sweet of him.


I named it Bear Bear and I married it to my baby Sylvester which darling gave me for valentines last year. Now the two shall become one and live happily ever after. This is what people with loads of free time do to their soft toys after their exams :p Hehe...

A wonderful evening with cherishable memories. I love you lau gong...


Cheers to darling and me,
~* joychariz *~

No comments: