Sunday, March 25, 2007

Jack's Place @ Sunway Pyramid

Entry: 76
24th March 2007

Dear Diary,

Today marks the 14th month since darling and I first got together. We've been in love for over a year and 2 months now :) To celebrate the occasion, darling treated me to dinner at Jack's Place. We chose to go to the outlet in Sunway Pyramid as it was nearer for us. I've heard a mixture of good and bad reviews of this place and have also seen some pretty good pictures of the food here from other food bloggers. Therefore, I was dying to review this place ASAP!! :p



The outlet in Sunway Pyramid was nice and quiet. I liked the dim lightings and the bright green interior of the restaurant. There were only a few diners around hence darling and I had a pretty peaceful time together :)


For drinks, I ordered a cup of Hot Chocolate which is priced at RM4.50. It was nicely presented but not very nice in taste. This hot chocolate wasn't sweet nor chocolaty enough. Im a person who's all mad about chocolates and if I order something chocolaty, it better be, well, chocolaty enough to satisfy me and to gain my good review. I would give this drink a 5/10 vote. Secret Recipe serves better hot chocolate plus it comes with mini marshmallows now. I havent had a chance to try that one out yet. But I bet its good...


Darling ordered their Fruit Punch which is also priced at RM4.50. Well, this drink wasn't to his liking either as it tasted all weird although I'll give it credit for being very prettily decorated.


Here's our comlimentary garlic bread on the house.


For my main course, I ordered Jack's Special Steak (RM42.50). According to other food bloggers and also the waiter here, this steak is one of their specialities and is what they are famous for other than good cakes. This steak comprises of a tender and juicy fillet, topped with asparagus and Jack's Place homemade black mushroom sauce. It also came with a hot potato covered with sour cream and crisp sauteed broccoli and carrots. I ordered my steak medium done so there was a nice hint of pink when I cut the meat. However, I don't really find this steak tasty enough in comparison with steaks from places like TGI Fridays and Chilis. It is also a tad too pricey for a piece of flavourless fillet. Im rating this at 7.5/10.


Darling chose to have their Steak and Fish Combo which is priced at RM38. This combo comprises of a ribeye steak and fish fillet topped with brown sauce. It also came with a hot potato and sauteed vegetables similar to mine. Darling says that the ribs were not as good as my fillet. I find that true as the ribs were not as juicy as my fillet and tasted rather bland too. My gosh, is this an eatery of tasteless cooking?? As a Malaysian, I do believe that we advocate tasty and flavourful cooking meaning that we would really appreciate the use of salt, herbs and spices to enhance food flavours. That is unless you're down with an illness, of course :p

Well, putting the bland tastes aside, I really enjoyed spending cherishable time with darling. Thank you dear for dinner. Loving you always... XOXO... :)


Cheers,
~* joychariz *~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Overall I find the dinner was OK... no doubt darling's special steak was much better than my rib eye.. darling's one was juicier! I still think that The Ship's black pepper steak is still the best! :) No problem dear.. loving you always too! XOXO! haha!