Thursday, October 12, 2006

Sushi King @ Low Yat Plaza

Entry: 10
12th of October 2006

Dear Diary,

Darling finally submitted his Final Year Project (FYP) yesterday (11th October). It was the day everyone has been waiting for. Including ME!! At last, no more busy busy darling. He is all mine now. Muahaha.... *grin*.

We decided to go to Bukit Bintang because darling wanted to get his power supply for his comp (which died-ED a month ago) and to get me my belated birthday gift *winky winks*. We reached Starhill around 4 plus after submitting darling's FYP. Since we hadn't had our lunch yet and were both starving, we went to Low Yat Plaza's Sushi King. Yummy.... I'm having such a fettish for sushi these days.

Anyway, Low Yat's Sushi King is just like all the other typical Sushi King outlets you can find anywhere. There were quite a few diners there when we went in. At 4 plus in the evening, I don't think our meal was counted as lunch nor dinner. Haha... This isn't the first time. Both darling and I have been having terrible eating-time disorders when we're back in Subang all along :p


Darling ordered the Salmon Steak set as salmon is his favourite fish. It looked really good when it came except that I thought the serving portion was a little bit small. The set included pan fried salmon in BBQ sauce with mixed vegetables, served with egg custard, miso soup, steamed rice and a small bottle of cultured milk drink (Yakult). All of these for RM19.90.


Salmon Steak upclose. I tried a little of the salmon. It tastes as good as it looks. I think it was because of the nice BBQ sauce :) Darling rated it 8/10. His only complaint was about the small fish portion.


I ordered the Kodomo Bento set as it looked quite attractive. My set included simmered flounder with frenchbeans, breaded fish, prawn and vegetable tempura, omelette, crabsticks, deep fried chicken nugget, green soybeens, mixed vegetable salad, served with steammed rice and a bottle of Yakult at the price of RM13.90. I liked my simmered flounder as it also came with nice sauce just like the salmon. I rate this set 7/10.


We actually had a few plates of sushi before our main course. It was only after almost finishing our last plate that I realised I had forgotten to take pictures so I quickly snaped a shot of whats left of the last plate. My apologies. I think I was too hungry already :p The above is a picture of our California Maki sushi (RM 4) which consists of crabstick, egg, cucumber, and fish roe. The other sushis we had were Tuna Mayo Maki sushi (RM 3), Chuka Kurage sushi - seasoned jellyfish sushi (RM4), and Smoked Salmon sushi (RM 5). The Chuka Kurage sushi is my favourite! It is really tasty and crunchy. I'm so hooked to it. Mmmm... Highly recommendable!

After finishing our Sushi King session, we crossed over to Sg. Wang Plaza cuz darling wanted to get me my belated birthday gift... and he did! He got me the pair of Levi's Jeans that I've wanted so much. Thank you baby. I love u very much... Muax!! :) After that, we went to Zang Toi's West 57th St. Street Cafe for our dessert. I've read many good reviews about this cafe's famous sinful Chocolate Banana Cake and I wanted to try it out for myself.

A slice of the sinful cake revealed. It came oozing with thick hot chocolatey sauce and bananas. We ordered it topped with ice-cream. (RM8.50 per slice / RM60 a loaf)


Moments of indulgence...... Perfect! What more could I ask for?

After Sg. Wang Plaza, we went to The Olden Ship in Cheras for drinks. I think it is a coffee house if I'm not mistaken. Darling ordered a jug of beer as it was really cheap there. RM23.90 per jug (Happy Hour rate from 3pm-9pm). No pictures taken... Haha...

We left the cafe nearing 11pm. I kept bugging darling to take me to Steven's Corner since we were very near that famous mamak. We've been here a couple of times and I was craving for their absolutely fabulous Cheese Naan.


Cheese Naan - consists of a hot and soft piece of naan coated with loads and loads of melted mozzarella cheese and butter (RM 4). The cheese is reported in Malaysian Today papers to 'melt in your mouth with every bite you take'. Truly wonderfuly heavenly!!


Cheese Naan upclose. Check out the buttery oil :p Steven's Corner really serves the best cheese naan around.


The addresses:

Sushi King,
No. 52 Low Yat Plaza,
Jalan Bulan Off Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur

Zang Toi's West 57th St. Cafe
F082-088H,
1st Floor Sungai Wang Plaza
03-2144 1557

Steven's Corner
No. 37 & 39,
Jalan Pandan Indah,
55100 Kuala Lumpur

Steven's Corner's 2nd branch:
No.18 & 18A,
Jalan Hujan Rahmat 2,
OUG, Jalan Klang Lama,
58200 Kuala Lumpur

What a day.... *winks*
~* joychariz *~

No comments: