Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Actually Thai @ Sunway Pyramid

Entry: 13
31st October 2006

Dear Diary,

Darling and I visited Actually Thai Nudle House 2 weeks ago. We went there for a late lunch at around 4.30pm :p There weren't any other customers when we entered except for one table with a malay family ordering food for their 'buka puasa'. The place looked quite nice, however darling says it lacks thai ambience.

The beverage menu. Prices of beverages ranged from RM4 onwards. I ordered a hot glass of Green Tea (RM5) while darling chosed Iced Lemon Tea (RM5).

I liked this saying, 'Hospitality with a heart'. Sorry for the blurness of my camera :p

Our drinks: Iced Lemon Tea + Hot Green Tea :)

Darling ordered their Tom Yam Mee Hoon (RM 12.90) *Chef's recommendation*. The tomyam soup looked more like laksa as I think they've added in coconut milk. Darling said it's nice but not spicy enough and that the tomyam in Dusit Thai (Sunway Pyramid) is much better. I tried some too. Found it okay.

My Pineapple Fried Rice (RM 12.90). It came topped with cashew nuts, shredded chilli, and parsley leaves. There were prawns, diced carrots, raisins, and pineapples in the fried rice. Tasted pretty decent. It has my vote at 7.5/10. Our bill was supposed to come to RM41.17, but i managed to get a 50% discount on food (excluding drinks) with my student card :) So we only paid RM26.34 (including tax) *grins*


Blueberry Cheese Tart (RM1.80) for dessert! We bought this from Cake Sense which is a newly opened bakery in SS15 Subang Jaya. This bakery has the similar concept as Bread Story although it's much smaller. The cheese tart was average. I think King's Confectionary makes better ones.

Since darling had to go back to Bukit Jalil to pass something to his friend, we decided to go mamak-ing! And what other place better to mamak at than good old Steven's Corner. Hehe... We went to the branch in Cheras.


We ordered Sotong Goreng (RM6). I suddenly wanted to try this as darling said it's nice. It was a little cold when it came. Wasn't fresh out of the pan I guess. Hmmph... it was not too bad though. Would have been nicer if it was served hot.

This is our usual order. Roti Planta (RM1.90). Nice and crisp! But it was little too oily for me this time.



My all-time-favourite, Cheese Naan (RM4). I was totally satisfied as it was cooked to perfection. Very cheesy and not too oily nor dry. Perfect!

I was surprised when darling told me that Steven's Corner has its own website. Imagine that!! http://www.stevenscorner.com.my


The address for Actually Thai restaurant:
Actually Thai Nudle House
OB-1D, Oasis Boulevard
Sunway Pyramid
Tel: 03-74919428

Cheers,
~* joychariz *~

No comments: